Sylvester Manor is a 236-acre historic plantation and nonprofit educational farm located on Shelter Island, NY.
The trails and grounds are open seasonally March-October for your enjoyment, seven days a week from sunrise to sunset. Pick up a map highlighting our three walking trails (Creekside, Woodlands and Farm). Paper maps are available at the kiosk at the front entrance to the Manor and also at the Welcome kiosk located by the parking area near the bathrooms. You can always download a digital version here.
- Leashed dogs are welcome. No bicycles or motorized vehicles are allowed on the trails. There are currently no public restroom facilities available.
- Download the “Sylvester Manor Walking Tour” from the App Store for a self-guided tour of the grounds. Use the app and learn more about our historic property at your pace.
- The Manor House is currently closed to the public.
- Check out our Farmstand located at 21 Manwaring Road which is open May through November.
- Be sure to check our Calendar of Events for upcoming events and programs.