William Johnston III
• Owner and Operator for more than 45 years of Johnston & Son Earthmoving, Inc.
• Formerly an estate groundskeeper on Shelter Island; served in the U.S. Army as First Cook & Assistant Mess Sergeant.
• Currently serves on the town’s Zoning Board of Appeals; is an American Legion member and former officer; has been a member of the Shelter Island Fire Department and Red Cross Ambulance Corps volunteer.
• Chaired the town’s Tree Committee, has served on the town’s Planning Board and formerly chaired the Shelter Island Tree and Land-Clearing Committee.
• Shelter Island High School Graduate
• Resident: Shelter Island