BECOME A MEMBER
PRESERVE | CULTIVATE | SHARE
Since 1651, Sylvester Manor Educational Farm has been home to 11 generations of its original European settler family and is now considered to be the most intact plantation remnant north of Virginia. In 2009, the property, with its 1735 Manor House, 240 acres of woodland, waterfront, meadows and farmland, became a non-profit. In its latest reincarnation, it encompasses an organic educational farm that provides the community with fresh produce much of the year, a Summer Youth Program and numerous arts and cultural initiatives.